Fork selection help

Thanks for he heads up zigzag.

If anybody has any other fork suggestions up to the £150 mark i would appreciate the input

oldscool":3bxyqk3x said:
Thanks for he heads up zigzag.

If anybody has any other fork suggestions up to the £150 mark i would appreciate the input

Bloody buttons on my keybaord are playing up

Will need to be no greater than 100 mm travel as the frame wont take anything longer

What about the Marzocchi Bomber MX LO OE Suspension Forks 2009 :?:

Available on Wiggle for a rather amazing £54 :shock:

My 2007 Avalanche Expert was fitted with RS Tora 302's, with lockout and U-Turn. Cracking forks, never missed a beat.

dsc00431_104.jpg

just to balance things out - my On-One inbred was rubbish - dead feel when climbing and just a concrete ride - mine had rigid forks and M950 to make it look nice.

***Slight thread diversion alert***

I am looking to order an On one, I have the possabillity of ordering an Inbred 18" Barry white...Or a Summer season 456 in good condition second hand.

I already have a Pace RC40 100-130mm fork that I wish to use. this presents me with my confusion. The 456 summer season is much more hardcore in design than I would usually buy, but the fork I have is ideal in temrs of travel length for the frame.

However the inbred has a weight advantage over the 456, and is much mor ein the style of XC bike that I have previously owned. But it is designed around 100mm forks. Obviously I could use the pace dialled down to 100mm.

Should I go for something a little different, a little heavier than my usual in the form of the 456 summer season, or should I go for what I know and live with the fact that the forks will be limited most of the time.

I have been contemplating this conundrum since friday.

(oh the 456 is cheaper (infact I have been offered it with a king headset in it for less than the cost of the Barry inbred.)

Ziggy":1rvq1oty said:
cyfa2809":1rvq1oty said:
oh that stanchion size will make a big difference!

Yeah, yeah, so I spelld stanchun rongly. :LOL:

i didnt even notice buddy, i was making a valid point :D
i highly recommend marzocchi. get some, i use mx comps for about 3 years now, havent eve nseen a bike shop and certainly not a service shop! :shock: still buttery smooth! actually does anyone know what oil i need to replace mine as i found the marz dismantle manual online the other day?

Im now in one of those 'what the hell do I do now decision points'

New toras for £120 from CRC (unfortunately the cheaper ones on wiggle have to much travel)
New Marzocchi bomber mx lo for a rather amazing price of £54 from wiggle

or

Wait for a nice set of second hand forks that i wont be able to wack on my credit card ;)

Back