Fork Grease

gots me some stendec in the post, will be lubing up my forks and slapping on some enduro fork seals too :) just hope the bushing problem disappears...... :?

I was told by TFTuned that Enduro Seals actually decrease time between service windows and was advised against using them.

BertR00t":2gu367mg said:
I was told by TFTuned that Enduro Seals actually decrease time between service windows and was advised against using them.

Ive always been an advocate of using the makers spares. I would still use marzocchi seals in the Z series rather than a modern equivalent even though its harder to find them.
Same goes for brake pads well brakes as well actually. Stick to Hope because it is so serviceable and hope pads dont split from the backing plate when you blowlamp the road film/oil off of them :?

BertR00t":g71c7f71 said:

how so? i never really service my forks regularaly, so wouldnt know the difference :p

I asked them because I was looking for something to spread out the service cycle and was looking to see if they were any better and there opinion was that they weren't really and best to stick with manufacturers seals.

BertR00t":136x4qyr said:
I asked them because I was looking for something to spread out the service cycle and was looking to see if they were any better and there opinion was that they weren't really and best to stick with manufacturers seals.

hmmmmm, did they not impart any technical reasoning as to why? do they wear the stanchions out more quickly or summink? :?:

twain":3m2wzlfx said:
hmmmmm, did they not impart any technical reasoning as to why? do they wear the stanchions out more quickly or summink? :?:

Not sure but worth ringing them and talking to the service dept as a potential customer and ask if enduro or normal would be better for you. At least that way you will get it straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

Back