For Trade: Lemond Zurich Frame & Forks Reynolds 853 59cm

GordonB

Retro Guru
I have a Lemond Zurich frame 59cm ctc (seat tube and top tube), from somewhere around the 1990s, that is simply too far big for me and I'm looking to swap or part exchange it for something that fits me. I've posted pics of the frame below and you'll see that it is far from perfect in that it has many chips and some corrosion. I can't find any dents or other actual damage to the frame and I'm reasonably confident that a paint job would put it back into nice condition. However, the main point about this frame is that it is built with Reynolds 853 tubing, which is relatively unusual and only found in mucho expensive frames. In all honesty, if it fit me I'd have it stripped and re-enamelled as it's light and sporty geometry, just what I like.

The bb is English threaded and I've taken the old one out as it was knackered, the headset is a bit rough but may respond to cleaning, repacking and adjustment. The seatpost came out easily and the clamp is ok.

I could sell this but I thought it may appeal to someone on the forum who has a smaller frame that would suit me and who would like to swap. Any swappsies frame must be 54cm or very close to that, proper race job, no mudguard eyes, nice tubeset. To give you some ideas I currently have a venerable Holdsworth Mistral that takes care of all my touring needs, a Mecacycle (see readers bike section for details) and a Vitus 797. The ideal would be another Vitus or some Italian or French job that is a touch unusual. It also needs to have 130mm dropout spacing as I have a 9 speed 105 groupset just waiting for a frame.

I can be contacted either by pm or direct on gordon at 10db dot co dot uk. If you need more photos let me know and I'll do my best. I'd prefer to meet in person to swap just to make sure everyone is happy, based in Suffolk but I do get about a bit now and then so may be able to meet elsewhere.

Gordon

Attachments

• Lemond2.jpg
    Lemond2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,304
  • Lemond3.jpg
    Lemond3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2,304
  • Lemond6.jpg
    Lemond6.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2,304
  • Lemond0.jpg