For Sale: XTR Shifters, XT mechs and thumbshifters.

i-am-iron-man

Senior Retro Guru
As pictured...

DSC00003.jpg

Prices are UK posted. Please PM me to discuss prices. I'll post on here when something is sold. Buyer covers any Paypal fees...

SL-M952 XTR 9-Speed Trigger Shifters
Shimano's finest trigger shifter before XTR became hideous. These still function with the same mechanical perfection they always had.

DSC00004.jpg
DSC00013.jpg

Cosmetically they are not so perfect: the grey ano has worn on the clamps and in small places around the body of the shifters. There's one bigger patch where there ano has been cable-rubbed off, and this has been captured in the pictures (the worst of it is captured in the pictures). On the other hand, the gear indicator windows have been replaced very recently (I have memories of these costing me £20+), and so they look perfect when they're actually mounted on the bike.
£35 posted

SL-M732 XT Thumbshifters
These are seven speed type with the ghost shift enabling you to index them on an 8-speed cassette. Condition is cracking: bar clamp has no corrosion or marks, rubber thumb bits look barely used and the little clear protector bits are still covering the tops.

DSC00005.jpg

Very clean and tight-feeling.
£40 posted

FD-M737 XT Front mech
Clamp band is 28.6 and this is of the cable-coming-from-the-top variety. Very clean condition and works perfectly.

DSC00007.jpg
DSC00008.jpg

There's some light oxidisation around the outside of the clamp and a bit more on the inside. This came off a silver and purple fade Orange Prestige.
£20 posted

RD-M737 XT Rear mech
Inexplicably, this is still boxed. It is in good used condition - the springs are very tight and, although obviously used, it is in very good cosmetic shape. It is missing the clamp though and at present, I cannot find a spare (although I am sure I have stacks of them somewhere).

DSC00010.jpg
DSC00011.jpg

And! - the jockey wheels and anchor bolt have been replaced with red ones. Imagine that! - ideal for someone with a red bike, or was planning an upgrade to red jockey wheels, then.
£20 posted

Seven Speed Cassette
Stickered as a Hyperglide cassette with 28, 24 21, 18, 15, 13 and 11-tooth ratios.

DSC00009.jpg

I'm sure this has been mounted and used at some point, but it is in fabulous condition - even the red Hyperglide sticker looks reasonably fresh. No signs of wear on the teeth or on the sprockets from a chain - very nice indeed. Looks like it has covered very minimal mileage.
£10 posted
- and I actually have two more of these in slightly less perfect condition that I'll sell @ £8 each.

take it the shifters are gone? or I'm at least 3rd in line with no hope whatsoever!
would take a cassette, though--what's left?

What's left...

Clive's Dyna-Tech has scooped up pretty much everything.
The XTR's look like they will soon have new a new owner too.

Back