For Sale - GT Karakoram (triple triangle) - 1993-95??

RedDwarfUK

Dirt Disciple
I originally purchased this GT Karakoram (triple triangle) around 1993-95, although I cant exactly remember what year, sorry.

It cost around £800 new and I purchased from J E James cycles in Sheffield. For the first 10 or so years of its life it was stuck in my garage not being used. Then It was used for a couple of years before being covered up again until 2 years ago. Since then I have used it to commute to work (around 8 miles a day)

Its in very good condition, couple of slight scratches and the edge has worn on the saddle, all that has been changed is the brake pads, 1 gear cable and the inner tubes. Everything else is original, even the tires!! Although one of them needs replacing now.

I have now decided to sell the bike as I want to get a hybrid (looking at Scott Sportster P1).
A colleague of mine has a husband who races and knows a lot about bikes. He advised me to put it on these forums as he couldn't believe that the bike was in such a good condition for its age.

I have had a few valuations from various sources and have decided to sell it for £250 on Ebay but wondered if anyone would be interested here first before I advertise it. I will offer it for around £250 on these forums

If anyone wants any other pictures or descriptions of gears etc, please let me know. I use it to cycle to work just about everyday so its in full working condition.

If you want to come and have a look let me know, I am based in South Yorkshire.

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

Sorry if the pictures are blurred, rubbish iPhone camera.

ok, seems as though no one is interested :(

I have decided to sell for £200 ono. If I cant sell it for this price I am going to keep it as my second bike and use it when I have to lock it up somewhere as I cant afford to have my new bike stolen :(

Thanks for the heads up.

I think it may be better I keep this now as my second bike. Dont fancy selling it on eBay.

Back