For Sale: Colnago Master 'Tecnos' 54cm Campagnolo Athena

mjp200581

Dirt Disciple
With a very heavy heart I've decided to put my 'pride and joy' Colnago Tecnos up for sale.

This is the bike I swore I would never sell but a house move combined with a new business venture means it has to go.

The Tecnos was the range topping steel frameset in the 90's before the Master x-light was reintroduced. Like the Master Olympic and Master X-light the Tecnos uses specially shaped Columbus tubing. I read somewhere that at the time of production it was the lightest steel model which Colnago had ever produced!

The groupset is mostly 8sp Athena with the exceptions of a Record front mech, Chorus headset and Centaur seatpost. Everything is low mileage and in excellent order.

The frame measures 54cm 'square' i.e. 54cm centre-top on the seat-tube and also 54cm centre-centre along the top-tube.

I'm happy to answer any questions and I can provide plenty more pictures.

I would ideally like to sell the bike complete but I'd split the frameset and groupset if I could find separate buyers for each.

The asking price is a bargain £1,299 (which is about half the price of a new x-light frame)

Re:

A few more pics for you all:

I had the forks re-chromed at considerable expense by Ashford Chroming. Suffice to say that the forks are now PERFECT.

If I end up splitting the bike there are some parts which I would be like to keep hold of as they will be used on some of my other bikes (saddle, tyres+tubes, seatpost, bar and stem).

For the groupset + wheels I'd be looking for £250. Just to be clear this would be all of the running gear but wouldn't include the 'finishing kit'. So everything included would be: chainset, BB, Front and Rear derailleurs, brakes callipers, ergo levers, cassette, chain, QR's and wheels.

For the frame+fork I'd be looking for £799 (including the Chorus headset)

I've got a huge collection of other parts so let me know what you would ideally want and I'll try to accommodate.

Re:

I am interested in the complete bike but I think the price is too high, (I mean no disrespect) there is/was a Master with Art Décor paint and Chorus groupset for One Thousand Euros this site.

I would have thought £800 complete would have been more realistic.

Let me know if you don't shift it.

Regards

Re:

Mike

I won't be bidding as I don't do ebay, but as I said I would go to £800.00 for the complete bike and would collect from you.
Regards Jon

Latest posts

Back