For sale 1950s Road Frame

timkich

Dirt Disciple
Lewenden Road Frame supplied by Par Cycles of Park Royal nice frame in quite good condition but transfers are wrong they spell Leweden but will come off easy enough the frame has campag ends and is 24 inches from BB to seat post
£125.00 collected from East Grinsted

Attachments

• SAM_0331.JPG
    SAM_0331.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 504
  • SAM_0332.JPG
    SAM_0332.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 504
  • SAM_0333.JPG
    SAM_0333.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 504
In the pictures it's absolutely gorgeous! I can't quite make out the colour though - is it dark green as in the second picture?

Oh sorry - the OLN I'm after is the distance between the inner edges of the rear dropouts. Measured to the mm if that's okay please :)

Either 12mm is a typo or you slightly misunderstood EPR. OLN is the distance between the left & right drop outs. It's needed so you know what width hub will fit the lovely frame you're selling.

Apologies if I'm teaching grandma to suck eggs!

EPR":1b5v39jx said:
In the pictures it's absolutely gorgeous! I can't quite make out the colour though - is it dark green as in the second picture?

Oh sorry - the OLN I'm after is the distance between the inner edges of the rear dropouts. Measured to the mm if that's okay please :)

OLN is Over Lock Nut and refers to the width of a hub not the width between dropouts, my guess is this frame is 120mm between dropouts.

Looks like a nice frameset, too big for me though.

Jon.

Sorry, just to clarify. . .

The abreviation is actually OLD, meaning 'over locknut dimension' and is not the width of the hub nor the spacing of the rear dropouts, it is the distance between the outer face of the locknut on one side of your rear axle to the outer face of the locknut on the other side.

So a lot of modern mtb frames will be designed for wheels with 135mm OLD which subsequently means that the distance between the dropouts on said frame, if measured, would roughly be 135mm.

It is more than likely that the size predicted by Jon will be correct.

Anyway . . . lovely frame, shame I am already out of cash this month. :(

Back