Because of the chainstay angle on minivelos, it is required to place the FD back and rotate it down so that the front shifting works. Otherwise the chain will drag on the bottom of the cage and the cage countours will be out of place relative to the chain position.

I tried a "regular" position relative to the seat tube. Absolutely wouldn't work.

Notice the FD position in the photo below...

IMG_20230714_194610.jpg

Because of the chainstay angle on minivelos, it is required to place the FD back and rotate it down so that the front shifting works. Otherwise the chain will drag on the bottom of the cage and the cage countours will be out of place relative to the chain position.

I tried a "regular" position relative to the seat tube. Absolutely wouldn't work.

Notice the FD position in the photo below...

View attachment 758708
Ah yes I see that now.

Interesting, didn't think about that - will have to consider that should the angle be a bit iffy when I eventually convert mine to 2 or 3x7.

Right now it's 1x but I don't really find I need a huge gear range on the minivelo as I happily sit in the highest cog 90% of the time. But I'd still like to see what it'd feel like with a greater range.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back