Fiocchi Cometa Sprint

3abd8500-ed1b-4aa3-a9cd-5cb3b1014a1c

b4e265c3-21ec-4b77-8181-8b0c8f40ede6

I've been thinking about something to tour in Europe allowing easy train/bike combinations, especially as Eurostar isn't as easy as in the pre-Brexit days (another benefit, thanks Boris :rolleyes:).
After @danson67 Pacific Reach, a quick search found one on eBay. It's needed a little light fettling of the pivot plus a switch of SRAM gears which I think will be less tetchy with all that folding of the gear cabling. I'm playing with the fit (risers and hi-rise stem ditched), and had a quick test ride yesterday. It definitely needs an inline post even though the saddle is slammed forward. Not at all tetchy to ride, although the steering is light even with 460mm wide bars (which happened to be in the toolbox).
The mini-Vs are dreadful, wrapped the chain over the rear one and the noodle is awfully close to the chainring. The cable pull is longish and the pads need to be set close to the rim, but then the release doesn't work. Got some used Ultegra calipers which should work better.
52790421458_1b4deb0b9b_b.jpg

Last edited:
I've been thinking about something to tour in Europe allowing easy train/bike combinations, especially as Eurostar isn't as easy as in the pre-Brexit days (another benefit, thanks Boris :rolleyes:).
After @danson67 Pacifi Reach, a quick search found one on eBay. It's needed a little light fettling of the pivot plus a switch of SRAM gears which I think will be less tetchy with all that folding of the gear cabling. I'm playing with the fit (risers and hi-rise stem ditched), and had a quick test ride yesterday. It definitely needs an inline post even though the saddle is slammed forward. Not at all tetchy to ride, although the steering is light even with 460mm wide bars (which happened to be in the toolbox).
The mini-Vs are dreadful, wrapped the chain over the rear one and the noodle is awfully close to the chainring. The cable pull is longish and the pads need to be set close to the rim, but then the release doesn't work. Got some used Ultegra calipers which should work better.
52790421458_1b4deb0b9b_b.jpg
That looks fun. 🥰

Anyone got ideas on how to stop the shock squeaking - it's some kind of elastomer inside apparently? Just open up and slather silicone grease over its innards?

That Cherubim looks lovely, but at the same time I'm having difficulty to see the point of it since it doesn't fold. Wheelbase looks long too. Are these designed around something specific for Japan? I can see they would take up less storage in an apartment and be easier to carry upstairs, but still. :confused:

Back