That is very nicely done, have you weighed it? And yes, what stem? Made a plate for the rear derailleur? How has the rear brake been attached?
It weighs 7.7kg with Ti spindle Speedplays Zeros.
IMG_20230214_211450.jpg

The rear caliper is attached using a small mount that I TIGed together.

IMG_20230214_211437.jpg

The rear OLD is 112mm on these bikes. I do a modification to a 130mm Hubsmith hub which uses 7/10 cogs. Then I shift the SRAM Rd with a Campy Xenon 10sp lever. The adapter plate I made out of 6mm 6061 plate. You can see small adapters that I had made to mount a rack to the abandoned V Brake mounts.

IMG_20230214_211501.jpg

The carbon fork is preloaded then this Problem Solvers locking spacer is snugged up before tightening the stem mast.

IMG_20230214_211518.jpg

I use an offset ring to put the chain line in an acceptable location.

I hope that explains a bit of my madness. This bike is kind of half of a good idea. It fits and rides nicely, but the fold is a bit of a gong show.

It weighs 7.7kg with Ti spindle Speedplays Zeros.
View attachment 707977

The rear caliper is attached using a small mount that I TIGed together.

View attachment 707978

The rear OLD is 112mm on these bikes. I do a modification to a 130mm Hubsmith hub which uses 7/10 cogs. Then I shift the SRAM Rd with a Campy Xenon 10sp lever. The adapter plate I made out of 6mm 6061 plate. You can see small adapters that I had made to mount a rack to the abandoned V Brake mounts.

View attachment 707979

The carbon fork is preloaded then this Problem Solvers locking spacer is snugged up before tightening the stem mast.

View attachment 707980

I use an offset ring to put the chain line in an acceptable location.

I hope that explains a bit of my madness. This bike is kind of half of a good idea. It fits and rides nicely, but the fold is a bit of a gong show.
I like that. I would happily take it for a ride😋

That stem is the star of the show really

Dwyer-folding-bicycle-scientific-american.jpg

Back