Montague are a USA brand of full size folding bicycles since 1987. They were asked to make a folder for the US marines, the paratrooper: (@MattiThundrrr posted it before) It is 1379 euros in Germany

Paratrooper-DC-Open-sm.jpg
Paratrooper-DC-Folded-sm.jpg
Decent machines, oft used by lowland SAR teams in the UK. Downside for someone like me is that most rail companies have a definition that a folding bike must adhere to, and that usually includes 20" wheel size maximum.

I didn't know that. I had always assumed if it folded it was ok.
Most define a folding bike as one that folds in 2 places and has wheels of no greater than 20 inches.

What boils my wee a little bit is that there are all these restrictions on folders, wheel size, frame fold, must be folder before taking it on a platform...then the next person along wheels a full size bike down the platform and on to the train and I've never seen one challenged over it yet.

Most define a folding bike as one that folds in 2 places and has wheels of no greater than 20 inches.

What boils my wee a little bit is that there are all these restrictions on folders, wheel size, frame fold, must be folder before taking it on a platform...then the next person along wheels a full size bike down the platform and on to the train and I've never seen one challenged over it yet.
One rule for all in my book, in this instance. I get why that grates.

Back