I guess being a bit of a niche bicycle makes them more expensive. A Brompton I think makes sense when you commute and it is being used every day, then it can be justified. For more occasional use, a second hand Dahon will go a long way, I think.
Mezzo's are around £350-400 here, Jo has a Dahon which was £150.

I see Brompton and Brooks as falling into the same category along with barbour and Ray ban.They are good for what they are, but they have found a niche market and figured how to make money of the name. They aren't however tatt with a sticker on like some company's and products are. They might not be worth what you are paying, but they are still worth more than bargain basement.

I thought this was great.

I do wonder whether I should have kept it. I couldn't really justify putting two folders into storage though and I'd put lot more effort into the Raleigh, whereas the MCL I just rode stock. After Pashley bought them they extended the wheelbase to make them less twitchy at prone to wheelies, but I didn't think it was that bad - I loved the sensetive steering once I got used to it (maybe impossible to ride no-handed) and never flipped it, even taking it up hills. The gearing was fairly good too, thanks to that big chainring.

Last edited:
Back