Since the tour is starting in Italy this weekend; twice tour winner Italian Ottavio Bottecchia was part of the Bersaglieri Cyclisti. They were a sort of cavalry group on Bianchi folding bicycles, in cavalry roles like courier or scout. The Bianchi had front and rear suspension and solid tyres. The Bersaglieri were famous in Italy and had elaborate uniforms with black feathers on their hats. First pic Bottecchia, second a Bersaglieri.

83036_image_0-7ba54da689773126fe59ff550275e781.jpg 04b0b0f8-a106-4148-a3ca-734374a4ae57-1-105-c_orig.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve just been given a Triumph. I was hoping it was a Daytona 675 but being as it was free I won’t complain. I believe it’s options were me or the scrap man. I’ve got no other photos and the bike is 100 miles away so can’t take any but I do know some of the spokes are broken but it does look like it has some potential. My son is having my only folder so this might come in handy…. IMG_5611.png

I’ve just been given a Triumph. I was hoping it was a Daytona 675 but being as it was free I won’t complain. I believe it’s options were me or the scrap man. I’ve got no other photos and the bike is 100 miles away so can’t take any but I do know some of the spokes are broken but it does look like it has some potential. My son is having my only folder so this might come in handy….View attachment 865022
Looks like it should clean up very nicely - great save!

It's not f*****, it's steampunk.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back