Following @non-fixie's post on the non French rando thread, I wanted to see what it looks like, when somebody actually rides a micro bike like this Araya Micro Swallow. Starting at 2:20:

Similar looking geometry/position to my Twenty I think.

I changed it to a set of proper drop bars and bar end shifter today. I'll need to be careful of the shifter when out the saddle but I think it'll be ok.

See if this video works

I've been considering one of these for a year or two now so a New Years eve £315 Halfords sale price was too tempting to pass. Folded, it fits in the boot of a Toyota Yaris with room to spare. I had ride on New Years day of 22 miles on it and was impressed. Initial impressions are good, it rides very well. The folding parts feel very sturdy with not a hint of play or flex, a lifetime warranty on the frame and forks too!! Its smooth, the gearing is excellent for the price. It doesn't feel much slower than a 700c bike, it climbs well and is comfortable for me at 5'10' so much so I intend to attempt a century ride on it when the weather and my fitness improve. The brakes were perfectly fine and more than up to the job but didn't make me cry with laughter every time I walked past it. Now they do.

tempImages4EbvC.png tempImageaEMyWe.png

Nice. Looks like there’s a block on the headtube that might take some sort of luggage carrier? I wonder if a Brompton one would fit.

Back