Folders! Foldable bicycles; love or hate? do you own/use one? Minivelos and demontables added

Fab thread, love the imagination and flat-out bonkers engineering that goes in to some of these.

I know very little about mine, it looks kinda like the Batavus bikes (with the pressed box section) but not quite. I call it 'Baguette Express' because I have it mainly to take on holiday to France with me to collect baked goods, so I've included a pic from the first time it fulfilled its destiny.
Hercules is a German brand I believe, but @KayOs may know better. I love the look of it, so many different models were made like this in the sixties and seventies.

Hercules is a German brand I believe, but @KayOs may know better. I love the look of it, so many different models were made like this in the sixties and seventies.
Yup, it has a Sachs Torpedo (single speed, coaster brake) hub, which adds to the German flavour. I searched quite extensively for anything about it when I got it but largely drew a blank (the pressed from flat construction seemed pretty singular to me at the time, even the forks are just folded sheet!).

The closest I can find to it is this: http://www.bootiebike.com/neckermann/neckermann.htm (which is also lovely) but it's quite a lot bigger. It's like Hercules bought/stole the design and re-imagined it in to a shopper.

Latest posts

Back