Flites - the pecking order....

I just bought myself a Flite with kevlar shoulders for my Klein, to replace the ugly modern Bontrager saddle. I'd rather have had one without the kevlar, but for €5 for a near new condition I'm still pretty chuffed!

Grey and white and proforated white are nice. I really like alpes though, I rememeber being taken in by the blurb and needed one :eek:

I remember buying the first full Carbon flite when it came out and it was the most expensive in the range & lightest.

Shuffle the order of original Flites (rarest to the top) IYHO:

Flite Red Label
Flite White Label

Flite White
Flite Green
Flite Red
Flite Blue
Flite Grey
Flite Yellow
Flite Magnolia
Flite Black Perforated

Flite Carbon Evo I
Flite Carbon Evo II
Flite Carbon EVO III

Add other sitings of the original, non-Kevlar models please!

I have those in italics BTW.

i had the original black one, also later had the half yellow, half black which i think was quite a rarity
it can be seen on my old specialized ground control and my old coyote f2
nxp.jpg

mtbwales.jpg

Jupke":3co9rk21 said:
1994 Red Logo Flite perforated. Don't know where it stands in the pecking order though.

It's shite.
And so is that seatpost.
I'll take them off your hands for €10 :LOL:

Actually, I love the perforated ones. And they seem to be quite rare. That one of yours looks amazing.

I have a black "TT" version. I think it's relatively late. But it doesn't have any Kevlar etc. and it looks very simple, like the original style. VERY light. And expensive when new, I think.

Where does it rank on the scale of "Flite-lust"?

I love some of the plain colors. Plain green and plain orange are amazing.
IF ONLY they had made suede-covered versions like the black or brown suede versions that Kashimax occasionally did for their MX and Aero saddles... Mmmmm!

I sold one of these earlier in the year..

1_af98d586d72c9791d546acad7cefe89a.jpg

It commanded quite a bit of money on eBay.

My own personal favorite version is the TT version which I have on two of my bikes. I also have an original version in a cream leather color which I also have a soft spot for.

Flites are ace :cool: I've a '91 stamped red label flite tucked away for a rainy day...others I own/use are a '95 transalp and two '96 alpes with the cutaway sides. I still like the shape of the original a little more though. Evos are very cool :)

Back