Wanted Flexstem ( or similar) for a '96 Kilauea 1 -1/8!

martin_b

Retro Guru
Looking for something to help a rotator cuff injury from all the potholes round here.

Im now officially an OAP so value for money is appreciated :)
its a 1.1/8"

Last edited:
I have an old Proflex 852 that I'm fixing up, it has a Girvin titanium 1 piece stem & bars (560mm wide). Bolts & stem have a bit of rust on them but otherwise it's working just fine.

I'd planned to keep it with the bike but I'm open to selling it on as the frame is really tatty and the bike will just end up as a beater anyway.

Looking at eBay the only one I can find is £150 in the states (admittedly mint). I could do it for £100 posted. If I'm way out with that price I'm open to ideas but too low and I'd be as well to keep it for myself.

Fairly sure it's 1 1/4" stem but I'd need to double check!

Attachments

• P_20240715_104040.jpg
    P_20240715_104040.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I can karma you one if you pay for the postage.
It was karma'd to me for the little hanger jobbie which it's now obviously missing.

let me know.

Just as a heads up a '96 Kilauea will not have a 1" head tube, it will definitely be 1 1/8" for sure, so 25.4mm quill needed (or a quill adaptor/shim to suit)

If you fancied something a little different you could also have a search for a Softride or a JD Components stem. They don't seem to be as cheap to get hold of though...

Just my 2p - good luck with it :)

>>>Just as a heads up a '96 Kilauea will not have a 1" head tube, it will definitely be 1 1/8" for sure, so >>>25.4mm quill needed (or a quill adaptor/shim to suit)

Opps....... OK let me try to find my calipers and measure the existing one.

Back