fitting a fc-m770 to a 95 orange p7

stegee

Dirt Disciple
Hi all, i'm wondering if i can fit a fc-m770 to my orange p7?
at me moment its got a exage 500 crank on it, and i want to update it.
all my other groupset is xt m737 and a sram 870 chain. will this crank be suitable with the frame and current groupset.

Thanks steve.

Hmmm, 'silence, came the harsh reply'.

I think an external bottom bracket comes with them, you'll need that, but the rest of your 8-speed system should still work fine, including the chain. You may have to move the fm up the seat tube to deal with the bigger big ring, but you ought to survive that experience ok.

But perhaps your real question is will my friends still speak to me? Will I be shunned by polite society? These are important considerations and only time will tell. M770 isn't too bad visually, but in general modern kit often looks manky on retro bikes because bikes are flashier now and that's what modern kit is designed to complement. If it has an Exage on it now, it must be quite an early P7. They had lots of different colour schemes, so it's hard to imagine how an M770 would look.

Cheers for the advice. i would really like to put m737 crank arms on the bike to compliment the rest of the xt groupset but there like hens teeth.
The bike is a nickel finish, and i can see what you say about new flash arms making the bike look pants, so if you no anywhere i can get some retro arms in good nick please give us a shout.

Thanks steve.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back