Fisher owners?

Re:

A well used 1990 Paragon. The photos are of it just out of the box.

Attachments

• 1990 Fisher Paragon 013.JPG
    1990 Fisher Paragon 013.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 1990 Fisher Paragon 012.JPG
    1990 Fisher Paragon 012.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 1990 Fisher Paragon 011.JPG
    1990 Fisher Paragon 011.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 1990 Fisher Paragon 010.JPG
    1990 Fisher Paragon 010.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 1,130
Re:

As Kingroon's pictures have gone now I better put up the Paragon I stole off him :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2609 (Custom) (2).JPG
    IMG_2609 (Custom) (2).JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 1,090
Ooh that's nice mate :cool:

Re:

thank chaps it is pretty much 'out of the box' fresh

Attachments

• fisherpar2.jpg
    fisherpar2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,068
Finished

I've finished my 1990 Fisher AL-1 renovation.

The frame, forks and stem are powder coated (Ral 3020 + clearcoat). I needed a new headset, the MongoII looks great. The original cranks had expanded too much be tightened on to the bottom bracket axle so I replaced them with the same model bought off ebay.
The original spokes had mostly seized onto the nipples so I cut them all of and had the wheels rebuilt with stainless steel spokes (that cost more than expected!)
New tyres with matching red sidewalls. New cassette. The Avid V-brakes were a necessary change when I was commuting, my heel kept kicking the original cantilevers.

The GT- All Terra saddle was in reasonable condition but the rails were rusty and the leather had faded to grey so I repainted, dyed and oiled it. I was pleased with the result.
The seat post had lots of zig-zag scratches so I Dremelled it entirely to a nice polished finish.

Apart from a few scars, the groupset is in good condition.

Red, black and silver reminds me of Ferraris and is a bit more timeless than the original colour whatever it was, I bought the bike 25 years ago with the paint completely stripped.

Attachments

• 1990 Gary Fisher Al-1 _018.jpg
    1990 Gary Fisher Al-1 _018.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 1,005
Re: Finished

SuperSid":1ebwitjk said:
I've finished my 1990 Fisher AL-1 renovation.

The frame, forks and stem are powder coated (Ral 3020 + clearcoat). I needed a new headset, the MongoII looks great. The original cranks had expanded too much be tightened on to the bottom bracket axle so I replaced them with the same model bought off ebay.
The original spokes had mostly seized onto the nipples so I cut them all of and had the wheels rebuilt with stainless steel spokes (that cost more than expected!)
New tyres with matching red sidewalls. New cassette. The Avid V-brakes were a necessary change when I was commuting, my heel kept kicking the original cantilevers.

The GT- All Terra saddle was in reasonable condition but the rails were rusty and the leather had faded to grey so I repainted, dyed and oiled it. I was pleased with the result.
The seat post had lots of zig-zag scratches so I Dremelled it entirely to a nice polished finish.

Apart from a few scars, the groupset is in good condition.

Red, black and silver reminds me of Ferraris and is a bit more timeless than the original colour whatever it was, I bought the bike 25 years ago with the paint completely stripped.

WOW :shock: That's turned out fabulously! My only comment/criticism would be that the steering stem could have been done in a silver finish, to off-set/balance the color scheme out a tad ... but other than that - PERFECT!

Back