Fisher MountainBikes scans 1979-1990

FirstFlight

Senior Retro Guru
Some cool old Mountain Bikes, MountainBikes, Fisher, Ritchey stuff. Complete versions @ http://mombat.org/Fisher.htm

79RMB1.JPG

82RMB1.JPG

82RMB1-1.JPG

90Fisher2.JPG

I wrote the MountainBikes copy. Some of it was composed on John Finley Scott's enormous steam-driven Hewlitt-Packard "Word Processor," the rest on an ordinary electric typewriter. The MountainBikes letterhead was designed by the same artist who did the posters for Repack, a fellow member of Velo-Club Tamalpais and my roommate at the time, Pete Barret. The photo of the collected bikes against the fence was taken just outside the shop at 1501 San Anselmo Avenue, and was at the time the most bikes we had ever assembled and had on hand at the same time.

The explanation of what a MountainBike was seems a little obvious now, not so much then.

love the "birth of an industry" features

the wording is key :D
"culmination of a 6 year program of research and development"
:LOL:

but would the term "trial and errors" be more appropriate or I am being misled by "klunkers" and the likes ?;)
but this is less elegant in terms of marketing :idea:

Fisher Celerity?

A combination of the attention grabbing 'celebrity' of the new fangled machine and the light weight of the calorie light vegetable?

Latest posts

Back