Fisher Montare

Re:

That's a lovely bike - amazing condition for its age.

I'm currently restoring a 1991 Montare (with the E-stays) and yes, the bb is 88mm. I didn't fancy tackling the circlip, so got the lbs to do it. They said it wasn't a problem.

Finding the FatTrax was the problem - it took me about 8 months of trawling Google and begging on the Wanted forum. I did find a NOS beaded pair in Canada but the postage to Aus was astronomical. Fortunately, I was offered a NOS folding pair by a member here on RB. :D

Re:

Hey, I bought that bike!

Its very nice indeed - rather too nice for my son to hack around on, which was the reason I bought it. I don't know if the seller may be the 'sinnerman' you refer to, but he proved reliable and fast. Best £225 I've spent in a long time.

There is a very small amount of movement in the BB, so sooner or later I'm going to have to get in there with the circlip pliers.....

Oh, I'm getting the Fisher thing... Have a '95ish Tassahaja from new, and just won an Aquila frame. Probably paid too much for that (certainly, compared to the Montaire!) but it will be my ride-to-work bike and will soon pay for itself.

First post - only just found you - but expect to stick around!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back