Fisher Montare

andyz

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Nice 1990-ish Montare:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gary-Fisher-M ... 1487888087

Well, the frame and forks are nice, pity its lost it's original bits. Bad description yet again, I think he means it was down-graded to LX, since it would have had DX when new. :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I'd have bought that if it had the bulge bars and the Fattrax....then again I guess you would have too Andy :cool:

Re: Re:

Antstark":1z7ciz12 said:
I'd have bought that if it had the bulge bars and the Fattrax....then again I guess you would have too Andy :cool:

Yeah, if it had Bulge 'bars and Fattraxes it would be worth the asking price no problem! :LOL:

Re:

Very nice :cool: Paintwork looks in good nick . Are those circlip bb things hard to come by or fit ?

Pity its too small for me

Mike

nope.....standard bearing sizes ...hammer method works for removal if you don't want to reuse the bearings, unless you know someone with a fancy press fit bb removal tool thing.

Mike Muz 67":1rxxrscw said:
Are those circlip bb things hard to come by or fit ?

Mike

Re:

Cool , thanks for that . Aren't they an 88mm bb shell though ?

yip something like that......width determined by the stops on the axle as nothing screws in to the frame. Getting replacement axles can be tricky .

Mike Muz 67":st1w02bo said:
Cool , thanks for that . Aren't they an 88mm bb shell though ?

Re:

Ah ok . So cartridge bearings held in by circlips holding a separate axle in place .
I get the picture . Glad mine oldest is a '97 now ! :LOL:

Mike

Back