First World Problems

rocky mountain":xbeilo4p said:
I joined here in 2007, some 5 years before you did, .

My dads been driving for 60 years, he's been a rubbish driver for 60 years

Please read my posts and consider what I have said..

Should you take your own advice you will see I said not that you were a newbie but more the thread was typical of a newbie fishing for a sale thread

I raise the issue of do you break it up or sell whole and the ethics of that given the 'rarity'. .

There is no rarity in the bikes you mentioned as this is retro bikes forum and not halfords are us forum, wether you strip a turd or keep that turd as a whole it still remains, a turd.

Like I said, first world problems, given the attitude of the replies I may give them to a bicycle charity in the third world and given the quality of them, they will last and to some people who may appreciate them and use them on a daily basis.

YES, yes please do so. Apologies for what may appear to be a direct reply but you brought basic bikes to the table expecting people to come rushing to buy but instead found they were largely just bikes and considering you have been here since 2007 as you pointed out, you would have known that.

It would be a wonderful gesture on your part to donate these bikes to a charity and possibly help someone either to get fit or use as a main travel vehicle, we are far to short of these.

Re:

Thanks for the above response.

I will look out for one, quite often these places give a qualification at the end which is great stuff; working in education I see how these do turn peoples lives round.

KDM":19ve82hw said:
There is no rarity in the bikes you mentioned as this is retro bikes forum and not halfords are us forum, wether you strip a turd or keep that turd as a whole it still remains, a turd.

Harsh...

TonyMerryfield":3vxzzcnh said:

Simon, (Rocky mountain) pm'd me this evening telling me he had reported me, as was his right, as he found my comments not in the spirit of the forum in this thread

I still stand by the direction of my comments but it's clear I could have conveyed them in a better way or had I felt less than happy about what I perceived as a mickey take, then I should have taken the responsibility and left the thread alone.

The fault is mine and so to Simon, I would like to apologise for my tone and poor selection of words.

Hi KDM,

Thanks for your reply; the issue is we all like bikes and we all have our different opinions. I see you seem to like Marins, but not everyone can be as enlightened as a Rocky Mountain owner:) We cannot go around taking chunks out of each other, especially when those on 4 wheels want to kill us.

We do need to preserve some of these bikes, especially the Muddy FoxCourier era; that model got us into the whole mess in the first place.

Back