First DOGS BOLX produced...ex Dave Hemming?

Re: Re:

ferrus":simt0oo5 said:
Personally I think a DOGS BOLX is the easiest bike ever to spec - nothing wears Campag Record OR as well as a white + black DB. Just a delicious combo'.

And Carl, Record OR (and Icarus) work really well; much nicer than the earlier stuff! ;)

Of course your right, and because its been done to death, it was SO refreshing to see options on the frame Roberts Displayed and shown on the previous page.

Theirs No Doubt it works better than the early stuff, and the comment wasn't a insult to anyone who runs any campag, just a known fact, sadly for us and even Campagnolo, the stuff didn't work as well as the others, Shimano especially.

Attachments

• Late Campag..jpg
    Late Campag..jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 303
Re:

Yellow one sold for £260. Anyone here get it? Hope so.

Should make a very nice little project for someone, particularly if they can get the dent sorted and the forks aren’t seized solid.

Re:

Bit of a bargain that especially with those tasty parts included. The White
Spider went for just under £200 also a fair price.

Re:

Certainly did.

I took a quick look out of interest with 30 mins to go.. zero bids! Guess someone - two people by the looks of it we’re keeping powder dry until the last min.

Should be interesting seeing what the yellow one trades at, now. Pity it’s not a full bike or we could’ve easily worked out the Mint / Hemming premium..
That was me, bidding whilst drunk on a camping trip when I must have been feeling flush. I was unknowingly bidding against my bro who thought I’d want it but wouldn’t get any signal. I was after something I could ride but it’s such an icon I’m still bashing about on a Roberts xk2 for now. Winston who built that db was super happy to see it again. Not had any time to look after it yet, but i will ensure it’s photographed and the process of a sensitive build will be shared here, hopefully with input from Winston, hemming and burt, and anyone else involved in its creation.

I’m new to retrobike and I am blown away by the passion and knowledge that’s shared here, really brilliant. Cheers you lot.

IMG_3153.jpeg

Back