Fir Gemini front derailleur - beautiful and rare

I was lucky to buy a NOS Takhion a few years ago. One of the rarest mech’s in the collection.
It’s like this eBay one but much nicer nick. Doesn’t look special but it’s really well made; CNCd with stainless bits.

Fascinating history behind Takhion bicycles.
Both are things of beauty - with the look of precision instruments - as a collector (mostly all sold) of film Rangefinders and SLR’s these remind me of some
Thank you and thanks for the links - some reading and browsing awaits!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
A interesting ‘modern’ mech (for $730!) -
That is a real beauty! wow! versatile too! I'm going to do some seeking to see how the two cables shift the gears and how precise it is!
I think the price is worth it - well, not for me, but to fans and those wanting something unique - no doubt hand machined and finished and probably last many years! The only tricky part is the under chainstay braze on.

Last edited:
A interesting ‘modern’ mech (for $730!) -
Rene Herse Cycles also do the Shifter to go with this mech.

Yeah, at a special RH price too. 😆

Speaking of shifters, just noticed the Takhion seller also has these. Very cool but expensive:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yeah, at a special RH price too. 😆

Speaking of shifters, just noticed the Takhion seller also has these. Very cool but expensive:
very very nice! I really like the lines and the elegance
expensive but about the price of a blow out night out

weren't Mavic making wireless shifters a while back?
Mavic ZAP 800, yes, 1992, electronic but not wireless. I just had the chance to get hold of a piece. extremely interesting technique...

Attachments

• IMG_6557.jpeg
    IMG_6557.jpeg
    436.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6559.jpeg
    IMG_6559.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6560.jpeg
    IMG_6560.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6561.jpeg
    IMG_6561.jpeg