Finally .... Proflex XP-8 rear brake disc adapter

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Fitted my DIY rear brake adapter to XP-8 swingarm.

Made up from 3 pieces of aluminium alloy; from top to bottom
1. 8 mm bracket to bolt to existing 5 mm hole in swing arm drop out; largest two holes are 6 mm for the caliper
2. middle piece is 6 mm thick spacer between (1) and caliper bolts. (with added weight reduction)
3. 8 mm piece bolts to (1) and has 6 mm bearing fitted; bolt goes though bearing and stay braket; it allows the stay to move relative to the siwngarm with minimal friction. (I didn't want to use the axle as a mounting point as is commonly done)

Last photo show how it all bolts together (additional shims were needed to centralise the caliper about the disc rotor.

Rode the bike and all was mostly well but I was getting the disc rubbing against the inside of the caliper (clearance was about 0.2 mm at the front) when bouncing the rear end* but was fixed by filing the caliper a little bit so all is as good as can be.

Only explantion I have for that is for e swingarm/drop out must be flexing :eek:

Attachments

• brkt.JPG
    brkt.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 2,116
  • fitted.JPG
    fitted.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,118
... I'll get a closeup of it - it is a bit too small to see in its full glory.

(oh, and I should thank user B2 *or is it B3?) on here for making the front adapter for the Z1 Bomber forks ;) )

some better close ups.

DSC07108.jpg

DSC07109.jpg

DSC07110.jpg

Very nice squire, what sort of cost are we looking at for one of them? Could you do something for a Vector fork leg too?

Back