fillet-brazed Brave

sancho forwarded to me...here it is:

TTgeometry.jpg

Tom is a great guy :D

By the way, I also asked if he had a stock fork to go with the Warrior. He said he didn't but offered to build one for me if I win it (which isn't going to happen now).

"1" threaded column, 1.125" unicrown blades, curved $160"

--not a bad deal, especially if the bidding doesn't get out of hand.

sancho":1xj6t1i7 said:
By the way, I also asked if he had a stock fork to go with the Warrior. He said he didn't but offered to build one for me if I win it (which isn't going to happen now).

"1" threaded column, 1.125" unicrown blades, curved $160"

--not a bad deal, especially if the bidding doesn't get out of hand.

his prices are very reasonable, on everything he does.

don't give up hope...thought I wasn't going to win something a couple weeks ago after it was outed, but I got lucky...or paid too much...anyway, good luck!

GoldenEraMTB":12fjrdaa said:
don't give up hope...thought I wasn't going to win something a couple weeks ago after it was outed, but I got lucky...or paid too much...anyway, good luck!

It's just as well, actually. If anything, I should be thinning the herd, not adding more projects.

I'll be content if somebody here gets it. With the right paint job and parts I see that Chief as a potential BOTY candidate.

sancho":2ozbq2ip said:
GoldenEraMTB":2ozbq2ip said:

It's just as well, actually. If anything, I should be thinning the herd, not adding more projects.

I'll be content if somebody here gets it. With the right paint job and parts I see that Chief as a potential BOTY candidate.

same here...I placed a couple bids as it was so tempting, but I have enough to work on this summer. Good luck to the lucky guy who gets it :)

BRAVE

:roll: I was hoping this would pass un-noticed :(

I ceratinly would love a chance to bid on this and hopefully win..

I also e-mailed Tom at the start of the auction and got a straight and polite response..Top bloke!

Now, do you think i can win this? Ive allready chosen a colour and fork :LOL:

quite interesting when an auction turns 'sporting' like this :) it was the same with an EWR a while back.

I would imagine the Chief was built slightly before the Warrior, as the Warrior (I have at least) has a small reinforcing tube across the rear chainstays, not apparent on this frame. Other than the fillet brazing and rollercam mounts, they would appear to be the same design. Mine cost $80 for a frame and fork so it will be interesting to see how high this flies...

I wonder what tubeset was used?

Mr K

I WON!!!

I can't believe I won this. $203 dollars, Tom is going to build me a fork to match and hook me up with a Rollercam. I have a really good company close to me called cycle art that does great custom paint jobs. Now the hunt for killer parts begins. Total cost with shipping is under 500. My heart was racing at the end of the auction. I will have to get rid of one of my other bikes.

:cool: Sandman

Can't wait to see it done. Did the Chief share the same paint job styles as the Warriors?

Back