Fife and Tayside rides thread

Re: Re:

RobMac":2xbcuxos said:
old_coyote_pedaller":2xbcuxos said:
Whit's a toranado? :roll:

Is that no Apache furr tornado? :shock:

Aye, yer right, in the Chiricahua dialect it means a wind that tore yer nads off. :mrgreen:

Got the seat oot and found what was wrong, the release lever pulls a cable, the end of which has a locking pin, it wiz gummed up with dried grease so widnae lock. Result. Mind you I'd better pit it back thegither to make sure it works afore I get too happy.
If it disnae rain in next couple of hours I should get the seals fitted and brakes bled, so mibbees take it back for a re-MOT this afternoon or the morra morning.

Re:

Let me be yer "Safe search".
Tae banjo something or mair like somebody is tae gie them a guid thumpin', the Canadians used to (or still do?) club seal cubs tae death. Really heroic.

Cannae get the banjo seals tae seal, seems like the joint face on caliper isnae smooth. Feck.
And pishin rain has stopped play before tea.

Re:

It's alive, it's alive............

......it passed. One of the things I had to fix was the headlight adjuster as the light was too low. This involved taking out light to repair the 2 wee gear wheels that move light. Used a hot glue gun to glue gear wheel back on to it's adjusting screw. Worked great off the car nae problem, until I tried to adjust on car. Was running engine and with the heat of light the glue softened and ....feck it. It left the light too high but took for re-test anyway. Guy checks it then says it's too high but it was the drivers side that was too low for fail. :facepalm:
I'd "Man read" the fail certificate and did the passengers side as it's easier to remove...wishful thinking I suppose. Guy passed it anyway saying to get it fixed ASAP.
Noo I've got 2 lights tae fix as wans up and wans doon. :roll: Whit a diddy. :oops:

Back