Feeler

KenG

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi All
Its been such along time since I've been on here but circumstances have changed and I'm putting out feelers to get an idea of any interest in the following -

First off is my 1991 Kona Explosiv pro,its a 21 inch frame and I bought it off here, see the following link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=271092&hilit=kona+pro , I had to press it into service as my work bike so fitted Axiom mudguards and Axiom rear rack, I replaced the cantis with period nos XT, fitted a new Thomson seatpost and Deore underbar shifters, bars were replaced with Tioga Prestige ones and to cap it off I fitted a Spa Cycles leather saddle and Schwalbw Marathon tyres, Ive probably ridden it a dozen times since making the changes.

Also to go is -

Silver Massload front pannier racks
Promax and Lite stik 27.0 seatposts
Pair of Kona P2's off a 1995 Kona hahanna
Pair of Marin forks, also been discussed on here as they have unusual drop outs
Oddysey Vapor stem, excellent condition
Kona Velocity stem from the 1995 Hahanna
VP pedals new
Shimano FC-M452 cranks less rings ( though I have a set of bio pace that fit )
Shimano MT732 cantis set
Shimano BR-M454 canti set
Shimano XT canti brake blocks
Shimano SLT-M770 shift changers, immaculate
Shimano RD-M739 derailleur, immaculate
Shimano FD-M738 front derailleur , immaculate
NOS 1 1/8th Deore DX headset, from the US
XT quick release seat clamp, immaculate
Kona command levers from the Hahanna
Kona seat clamps x 2 and Kona canti hanger

I'm looking to sell everything above for, including the Explosif for £450 OBO

Anyone who knows me or has bought anything from me over the years know that I'm very fussy about making sure people are happy with what they get so you can be confident you wont be disappointed. Am I being to ambitious with the price ?

Re:

Ok,lets go £350 for everything, I paid £320 for the Explosif plus delivery. There's probably a couple of hundred quid in the parts alone, strip the Explosif and you'll probably double your money.

:)

Re:

Hi
Just found a bike stand , good quality one,can't remember the make at the moment, and realised there's a Landers Granite frame, size 20, after consulting several people on her it appears to be made of Columbus Max OR tubing. These will be included with everything above for the princely sum of £300.
Reallyneeds someone to look at everything included in sale to see just how good a price it is,would even be open to an offer, but not too cheeky.

Cheers

That Kona is stunning, if only I wasn't 5 11" short ;)
If you put up a for sale ad with the model as the title and current pics I reckon you'll sell it a lot easier, if you can offer postage too it'll certainly help.

The parts should also sell if you create a sale thread with pics. I know that id like the XT brake pads and the XT seat quick release plus the bike stand.

Re:

Cheers, minifreak,I'll see how it goes over the next few days and then possibly retitle it. I may go down the route of breaking it,but that would be a real shame, though I'd probably double my money!

Re: Re:

KenG":3cbhvib1 said:
Cheers, minifreak,I'll see how it goes over the next few days and then possibly retitle it. I may go down the route of breaking it,but that would be a real shame, though I'd probably double my money!

I hope you sell the bike as one, if you do sell the parts can you let me know. Many thanks, Tim

Re:

Lovely Kona! :cool:

If you do split, I may be interested in the wheels.

Mike

Back