Retro Newbie
Hi, I am new at this just joined can some one help with this bike
Any information ? Will be appreciate
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpeg
    IMG_0416.jpeg
    614.2 KB · Views: 19
That'll be a Masciaghi Coppi, the company F.lli Masciaghi (Masciaghi Brothers in english) took control of the Coppi brand back in the mid-1990s, moved to producing alloy frames and expanded to utility bikes. More recently the company was bought out and looks to have dropped the lightweight bike range in favour of urban and e-bikes.

This is my recently updated Fausto Coppi Lombardia:

FCL-Fin2.JPG

It's a UK 2011 bike, Taiwan Frame so without the elegance of the Italian version you own. It rides quite well with a little tweaking to soften the ride. I'd suggest a well padded seat is the best modification as a start though your aluminium tubing might well be higher spec'd and have more flex than my one... should make a nice bike though, ATB.

Original starting point here:

https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/🍷-bikewrenchers-inn-🍺.447640/page-8926#post-3632203

Much discussion about this bike follows, not all good. The main issue with FC bikes is the stiffness and harsh ride. It's uncertain if yours will have the same issues though it's geometry looks very similar. IF it is the case, tweaking/changing component spec CAN deliver a nicely riding bike. Best of luck with your project, I like the blue!

Back