FatBike - Squatch

Riden:

It's ace - I am a total FatBike convert after a couple of rides. Tons of grip, goes up and over everything, just as flickable as my 456 Ti, it just ploughs on over and through everything in your path. I was expecting it to be a lot more hard work to pedal but provided you are happy to go with the flow don't try to break any speed records on the up-hills it's fine.

It's put the fun back into MTBs for me :cool: if any of you are considering going Fat - give it a try!!

Having seen it Saturday I was very impressed , quality of the frame is really tidy with the rest of the build just right. I was deff impressed with the fact if you have the legs you can punch them along pretty quick too!!

For me the flower pressing effect on dog pooh from the 4inch tyres was stunning !!! :shock: :shock: :LOL:

Deff looked a lot of fun!!

They take you places others can't....but I just love riding mine anywhere over normal tracks and cycleways too....not just for the beaches and snow like some think.

Smiles for miles and miles.

What do these things weigh fully built? Those tyres look heavy (probably stuck in the 90's now tyres are lighter than air :) )

markle":1kza4173 said:
What do these things weigh fully built? Those tyres look heavy (probably stuck in the 90's now tyres are lighter than air :) )

This one weighs a touch under 30lb, not bad for a Fatty. You don't seem to notice it too much - too busy laughing!!

I woud like a set of carbon rims, (about $1000 so it isn't going to happen!) that would save about another couple of pounds (as you loose the heavy rim tape and inner tube).

Ha amazing! I had them down as 40lb plus monsters, was introduced the the fatbike today at my LBS they showed me a pic, at less than 30lb's it has my interest! :)

Latest posts

Back