Fat Chance Kickstarter

Re:

They got a great ride review from an 'expert' rider sponsored by Santa Cruz. Sure most of us are carrying a few spare tyres at our age and are unlikely to test the new bikes to their limits, except in our dreams. These are prototypes and need refining etc The finished articles for delivery might be even sexier. As for looking ordinary, well most modern bikes look fugly to my eyes. There is more to it that that. I'm confident the new Fats will stand out from he pack more than most and ride like they should - awesome ;)

M-Power":17jx2z0u said:
They got a great ride review from an 'expert' rider sponsored by Santa Cruz.

Who was this rider, where are these reviews?

Even if these bikes are prototypes they are a mess. Who forces 29" wheels into a 27.5" frame. That bike is so bad you couldn't even use a front derailleur as the cable would foul the rear wheel, one piece of gravel or a muddy ride and the seattube would be ripped to shit.

Surely a company like Ventana wouldn't want their name vaguely attached to that bike, and even worse, if they try and show that bike at NAHBs they're going to get laughed out when they are surrounded by stunning, well designed and exquisitely made bikes.
It's not as if this is a cutting edge design, how hard is it to make a cookie-cutter, 'me too' 29er out of steel that isn't an abortion.

Proof, if proof was needed, that this is all about a paintjob and a decal rather than a well designed and beautifully executed bike.

Re:

These are pre-production models.

"A few notes: this bike is the first sample. The 433mm chainstays are the same as the 27.5 bike. For production, they will be lengthened. Also, Fat Chance is waiting on custom drawn stays for production, so they’ll change a bit as well."

Re: Re:

Mr.Toad":3blyvql9 said:

"A few notes: this bike is the first sample. The 433mm chainstays are the same as the 27.5 bike. For production, they will be lengthened. Also, Fat Chance is waiting on custom drawn stays for production, so they’ll change a bit as well."

The Kickstarter listed the chainstays for both as 433mm, this 29er is built as per spec. They realised their error after building it, amateur error not preproduction model excuse.

Mr.Toad":2f6psfki said:

They are as pointed out before, but it's a bodge and not really a pre production testing bike as it's not got a usable read end anything like it will have. It'll not feel or ride anything like the final thing and shows no proof of concept.

The Kickstarter listed the chainstays for both as 433mm, this 29er is built as per spec. They realised their error after building it, amateur error not preproduction model excuse.[/quote]

Totally agree, but just as the original Fat City frames evolved i'm hoping the new ones will as well. I'm happy to hear they are making vital changes and dropping the price for production frames.

M-Power":2o4xa133 said:
They got a great ride review from an 'expert' rider sponsored by Santa Cruz. Sure most of us are carrying a few spare tyres at our age and are unlikely to test the new bikes to their limits, except in our dreams. These are prototypes and need refining etc The finished articles for delivery might be even sexier. As for looking ordinary, well most modern bikes look fugly to my eyes. There is more to it that that. I'm confident the new Fats will stand out from he pack more than most and ride like they should - awesome ;)

You are a Marketing mans Wet Dream.....

Given the Shambles this has become, in the face of all adversity, the cock ups, the balls ups, the crap excuses, The Bullshit, The schoolboy errors displayed for the world to see, the total contradictions of your points in previous posts....., You still have a Blind faith.........

Man the marketing got you BAD BITD and its still got you....

CHRIS CHANCE should kiss your feet, He needs MORE believers JUST like YOU.

I love you man, The world needs MORE love like you got.....!

and I thought LoVe was only true in Fairy Tales........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts

Attachments

• The PERFECT FAT CHANCE CUSTOMER.jpg
    The PERFECT FAT CHANCE CUSTOMER.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 313
Back