Fat Chance Kickstarter

Re:

Basically Chris would have to pay a license fee to sell bikes in the UK under that name through an importer/dealer, and only if the trademark holder was willing to let him.
I think, worst case, he could even be stopped offering UK shipping from a U.S. site if the UK holder believed it was detrimental to his business.

If anyone wants, the UK trademark for 'Fat City Cycles' is up for grabs as is 'Yo Eddy'

This is how Supercycles made a load of money. The grabbed a bunch of newly expired UK trademarks and then sold them back to the owners who had forgotten to renew. I believe they did various ones including Syncros and, obviously, Onza

M-Power said:
halaburt said:
Balloons!

16729609845_fa820392ca_b.jpg

What were you expecting ? A huge pile of cocaine and some lookers chained up to the table to please prospective punters ? ;)

I can't understand... at NAHBS builders can just show self-built frames. Fat Chance are built by Ventana. Power hof his name, methinks.

BTW, I'm very happy about his return, but I still prefer a frame built by FTW....

Re: Re:

pete_mcc":25we12p7 said:
Basically Chris would have to pay a license fee to sell bikes in the UK under that name through an importer/dealer, and only if the trademark holder was willing to let him.
I think, worst case, he could even be stopped offering UK shipping from a U.S. site if the UK holder believed it was detrimental to his business.

If anyone wants, the UK trademark for 'Fat City Cycles' is up for grabs as is 'Yo Eddy'

This is how Supercycles made a load of money. The grabbed a bunch of newly expired UK trademarks and then sold them back to the owners who had forgotten to renew. I believe they did various ones including Syncros and, obviously, Onza

Lets hope he is watching this thread intently.....

It would only take a bright spark to do it....

novekili":ljrlub8m said:
I can't understand... at NAHBS builders can just show self-built frames. Fat Chance are built by Ventana. Power hof his name, methinks.

It is interesting.

http://www.2015.handmadebicycleshow.com ... ions-.docx

2. NO “COAT TAILING.” Please read this carefully. It is in the contract; it is not negotiable.
​​FRAME BUILDERS: DISPLAY ONLY WHAT YOU HAVE BUILT IN YOUR WORKSHOP.
No bicycles are permitted in any frame builder’s booth other than those built by the exhibitor, and if branded, bearing the exhibitor’s brand.
No sub-contracted bicycles are permitted. Not even those by a current-year NAHBS exhibitor.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":30zvheob said:
Fat City Cycles would be a good name for Fat bike style City Bikes.

Be just like it, you cant have your frame, as I don't own the name in the UK.

pete_mcc":2a4de9fy said:
novekili":2a4de9fy said:

It is interesting.

http://www.2015.handmadebicycleshow.com ... ions-.docx

2. NO “COAT TAILING.” Please read this carefully. It is in the contract; it is not negotiable.
​​FRAME BUILDERS: DISPLAY ONLY WHAT YOU HAVE BUILT IN YOUR WORKSHOP.
No bicycles are permitted in any frame builder’s booth other than those built by the exhibitor, and if branded, bearing the exhibitor’s brand.
No sub-contracted bicycles are permitted. Not even those by a current-year NAHBS exhibitor.

Empty stand it is then,....., good photo opportunity though....

Really interesting. The whole thing about him unable to import to the UK and now this.

The rules can't be fairer, why should he gain credit from Fat when there is people who have built the frames they are displaying.

Back