Extreme novice needing help... be kind

fabian_lou

Retro Guru
so, i recently sold a cannondale frame that was too big for me but, kept the headset (because of it's unusual size of 1 1/4) to put on my new smaller frame. I took it out the old one and laid it on the table top in my garage so I would remember what order and how to put it on my new frame. An incident involving the neighbours dog running into the garage and knocking the table over left me unable to piece it back together... or even sure if I still have all this bits...

If I upload this picture, can someone tell me how it goes back together? OR if i'm missing something...

Thanks,
Louise

uploading pictures

I have only this picture from an old Onza Catalogue. Basically the needle bearings go between the races (No. 4 and 7). But I have no idea if the small spacer (left to No. 7) is part of the headset or just a regular spacer.
23434554hp.jpg

Hope this helps a bit, cheers ...
Rob

that small spacer does not belong to the headset. But it may fit between 1 and 2.

One of the needle bearings seems to still sit in the upper coup?

The sequence should be fork->fork race (not on the pic, still on the fork maybe?)-> 7 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> Frame -> 6 -> the ring left to 3 -> needle bearing that is in 6, smaller ring like 7 -> 2 -> 1 -> stem

Latest posts

Back