Emigrating to the usa???

fingers

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anyone know, is it difficult?

I have a trade and no debts, vaguely thinking about it... Would have to ship my cars and bikes tho...

Just watched Judge Judy :shock: it's a scary place don't do it

uno-speedo":3qnb3jkn said:
if you are a brit it is virtually impossible unless you get married, go to college or are extremely rich.

Or get sent over there by your large american employer to work for a while like I did- they were throwing green cards and visas at me then. Don't think I can ever go back though now, I forgot to pay Mr IRS once or twice....

uno-speedo":2g2gthns said:
if you want to leave britain you might research canada as its easier to get a visa and what not.

I'd second that, Canada is like America-lite, all the fun, space and food, but with less guns and gangs and you still get to see the Queen once in a while.

pete_mcc":3qary9as said:
uno-speedo":3qary9as said:
if you want to leave britain you might research canada as its easier to get a visa and what not.

I'd second that, Canada is like America-lite, all the fun, space and food, but with less guns and gangs and you still get to see the Queen once in a while.

Ah but does it have nascar and baby ruth and bud lite?

Lol...

fingers":1jzsbw6p said:
Would have to ship my cars and bikes tho...

Or come to Australia – we have our steering wheels on the proper side of the car (not in front of the passenger). ;)

New Zealand is also an excellent place to live.
Its got great skiing ,fantastic sailing and amazing bike trails

true that pete. only thing about nz & oz is the distance. and you'll get homesick and its an effin long way home. once the novelty factor wears off being away from home can be a real bitch. how about ten paid holidays (usa) off a year! tempting huh!?! think long and hard before you take the plunge. the grass is always greener...;)

and whatever you do don't close your uk bank account. its a real pain in the arse (or ass) to open one again these days :D

Back