Ellis Briggs NOT gone into liquidation

Quick update for any interested parties/people stumbling upon this thread via Google searches:

10th of October conveniently marked 1-year to the day I last left his shop having finally completed the frame, so I sent one last round of warning/correspondence and predictably got no response.

Given that he had almost 2 full working days as a chance to reply but didn't, Trading Standards are now involved.

Since my previous comms with Paul, I've been contacted by 2 others in the same position and - looking at Google reviews - a 3rd appears to have also started the Trading Standards process against EB a fortnight ago.

Goodness knows how many others are out there who haven't publicised their situation with EB (yet) ...
Thanks for the update. What has TS said? he has had my frame for 12+months too.

Thanks for the update. What has TS said? he has had my frame for 12+months too.
Well, if you do things electronically, you go through Citizens Advice to get to Trading Standards. You can also phone your local Trading Standards office directly, however it was easier for me to list things chronologically using the online form.

Citizens Advice helped with the legal side (which TBF I mostly knew already since I'm legally trained but served as confirmation/reminder).

They forwarded to Trading Standards and Trading Standards will get back to me if they need more info; I was pretty thorough to start with so I'm not sure they'll need to, in order to act.

and @gibbo1982 , if memory serves.

Latest posts

Back