Ellis Briggs NOT gone into liquidation

My grandparents had an old customer who used to come knocking on their door about every 3 months looking for his 'watch', shop was well gone then. Went on for years.

That is weird... Maybe gone a bit potty? Can't let go 'stock'. These things do happen 😬
I'm genuinely perplexed at this point, so that's as good an explanation as any! Though I would say he seemed sharp as a tack whenever we got chatting therefore it would have to be a very selective pottiness 😅 ...
My grandparents had an old customer who used to come knocking on their door about every 3 months looking for his 'watch', shop was well gone then. Went on for years.
Hopefully that's not me in 5 years' time! :LOL:

I once had dealings with this motorbike mechanic Andy, who sold the odd vintage bike or two. He was very fond of making people wait well over the odds for repairs. He was cheap and efficient, so nobody really minded too much. Sometimes you could wait 6 months! He retired early at 50 and last we heard he was living in a cave at the end of the Isle of Arran in Scotland.

He was always a tad 'odd', I think Asperger's so maybe there's that truth in the Ellis Briggs saga. Nowt as queer as folk!

Reactions: ESM
Has anyone had recent dealings with Ellis Briggs. I have been waiting for nearly 12 months for a frame restoration and cannot get in touch with Paul by phone or email? Thanks

Has anyone had recent dealings with Ellis Briggs. I have been waiting for nearly 12 months for a frame restoration and cannot get in touch with Paul by phone or email? Thanks

He's still not responded to me via personal comms since my last message in this thread.

I posted a public 1-star Google review and got no response. A bloke after me also posted a negative review but bizarrely not only got a response from Paul but got his frame back with works completed.

As said above, seems absolutely arbitrary who he does the work for and who he doesn't.

He's still not responded to me via personal comms since my last message in this thread.

I posted a public 1-star Google review and got no response. A bloke after me also posted a negative review but bizarrely not only got a response from Paul but got his frame back with works completed.

As said above, seems absolutely arbitrary who he does the work for and who he doesn't.
Thanks. Useful to know. I'll keep trying 🙄

Thanks. Useful to know. I'll keep trying 🙄
No worries. A common theme in the Google reviews of folk who got somewhere with him seems to be the threat of (or actual final judgment in) Small Claims Court.

I really didn't want it to come to that but options are running out now. If I do end up having to fork out for civil court fees then I'll also be involving Trading Standards (and bailiffs too, if others' experiences are anything to go by). Messy but necessary if this radio silence continues.

Latest posts

Back