EDIT: 1994? Marin IFT? ~ £50 ono [preloved.co.uk]

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hmmmm? Difficult to ID this one. In nice condition and looks like a 1994 from the decals and frame/fork colour arrangement. Might be a Pine Mountain might not. The gripshift doesn't necessarily look original though.
Anyway it's badly listed as a 'Marine mountain bike' which made me chuckle.

It looks a bit like the bike pictured but isn't actually the bike for sale:
1890832-369m.jpg

it's in Kent and the link is here:
http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-ad ... 53c83.html

EDIT: The description says it's a lightweight aluminium frame with light blue parts instead of the purple ones shown in the picture above. There are a few possibles from the 1994 catalogue but the best case scenario would possibly be a 1994 Marin Indian Fire Trail.

To complicate matters further the photo is not of his bike, but something similar: "i cant find my usb lead to upload a picture but i found a picture of the same bike on the net only difference is the bike im selling has light blue in the same areas you see purple", he says.
Looking in the '94 catalogue there seem to have been several models that might be described as "light blue", but none of them Pine Mountains, sadly, though no doubt good bikes.

cheers

Zappi

Good point, I only scan read the advert.

The seller states it's an aluminium frame which, along with the light blue details, point to an Indian Fire Trail perhaps...?

That would mean an XT groupset too. Which would be nice.

Marin

Hard to call, but def not an IFT (which was polished alloy, rather than steel as here).

It's something low end though - I'd go for Palisades Trail

Marin

Several reasons, but for starters, excluding the skinny frame tubes, the entry alloy Marin for that year (1994 or 1995) was the Nail Trail, which ran predominantly LX.

It's certainly not a Pine Mountain either, which had a less bluey purple in 1994 and cobalt blue components in 1995. The 95 IFT ran turquoise components.

IDB1":2nimm4hz said:
But the bike in the pic isn't the one he's selling. . :?

Indeed. Pay attention at the back please. ;)

Might be a good idea to have a look at the advert before jumping to any conclusions...

Back