EBAY(UK) Small Pace RC100 frame

Pace RC100

If anybody thats bidding on this wants me to pick this baby up i can do as its not far from me.

It's an RC100 frame 100%. Obviously re-fettled by pace. They don't all stay as they look in the magazines. When they broke and went back to pace they came back different. Mine came back blue with the front dérailleur mount lifted so I could use bigger chainrings than 48t.

And mine has had the later seat clamp fitted, I fully appreciate a lot of them were fettled post manufacture.

But to modify the dropouts on an alu frame to that extent would be a brave job.

Edit: Actually on closer inspection, there is no mono/wishbone stay, you are probably correct!

Doh!

Still a brave move to mod the drop outs imo!

^ Very true. My mates came back with new cable guides, a new seat collar and converted from Silver to Green and he didn't want any of that!

It went in because they'd cut the BB threads the wrong way around (I kid you not), and they ended up removing the shell and welding in a new one, as well as the rest.

We thought they'd just given him a new frame but there were signs it was the same one significantly reworked. The frame number on the new BB shell was changed to RC0 GARY (his name), so there's someone riding around with that on his bike!

That was the beauty of using that type of aluminium, you could cut pieces out and reweld them with new bits...

Pretty awesome about the RC0 Gary...wonder if I should do something similar to mine? (they forgot all about my frame number :()

Rich

Rich":2ov54qb9 said:
That was the beauty of using that type of aluminium, you could cut pieces out and reweld them with new bits...

Pretty awesome about the RC0 Gary...wonder if I should do something similar to mine? (they forgot all about my frame number :()

Rich

We thought it was pretty horrendous that £1,350 would buy a frame, fork, headset and mech with the BB threads in backwards. The BB would just unscrew itself as you rode along, then the little ring started eating the chainstay!

When it was first returned to them, they just cut the BB threads correctly right over the top of the wrongly cut threads! Needless to say, when you screwed the BB in the new "threads" just turned to dust and the BB fell out!

Out of almost forty frames between myself and my mate over 21 years of riding together, nothing as ever been anywhere near as poorly made. I've also never had a frame that can climb quite that fast either!

He still thinks that the only thing that almost makes him remember the whole sorry episode with a grin is having his name on the BB shell. Funny that...

After 18 months and after it was finally fixed and returned GREEN he sold it to me for the £500 it cost to get an S-Works steel. About 12 years later he's still riding it, and it's never had a issue. MADE IN JAPAN FTW!

RC100

Hi i won the Pace frame your on about it arrived today getting it ready to be bead blasted NO RCO152 hav got a RC200 F1 or F2 not sure which one it is Neil

Back