Ebay Madness No. 2761

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• AttitudeStorm.JPG
    AttitudeStorm.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,151
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
pinguwin":36opzry1 said:
Vitorzip":36opzry1 said:
US sellers do not learn

It's not always that they don't know but sometimes they don't care. My dad is often of those people. He wants to get rid of it and if he can make a little money, great. If it's 10 minutes extra hassle, he really can't be bothered. We had a stove that could have sold for $200, but would have had to make some effort to do so. Someone who happened to have a pickup truck on the spot offered him a $75. Cash in hand: check. Stove gone in 1 minute: check. They load stove: check. Done. It's been that way for many a thing but it was also done quickly.

There are also some other people, experienced ebayers, who won't ship some items overseas. They've had customs problems, loss/damage problems that insurance didn't cover. Why bother?

Now that said about my dad, in one of his 'get rid of it' snits wanted to be off with an old dresser and bring it to the dump. My mom and I wanted to bring it to the flea market and sell on consignment. "That old piece of junk, toss it!" My mom and I loaded it on the truck (without his help, naturally) and told him to mind his own business. I arrived at the market and before I could even get it off the truck, it sold for a couple hundred dollars. We never let him forget about that one.

I'm sick of the whole business with shipping from the U.S to the U.K. I've bought stuff after messaging the seller who agreed to ship only to change their minds at the last minute. I bought some NOS Chill pills a couple of weeks ago, fantastic price and the seller only charged me $1.90 shipping yet i've just got hold of these, probably weighing less than 20g and the seller wanted FORTY TWO DOLLARS to send them to the U.K

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26fvi%3D1

I haggled but still ended up paying him $20 shipping.
Aren't we supposed to have a 'special bond' or something, it's not like we're Nigerian scammers is it. :evil: :evil:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm willing to ship overseas myself and charge actual cost + $5 as it might require an extra trip to the post office.

The guy with $42 shipping is silly but at least he told you out front what it would cost. That he reduced his cost is sensible but wasn't required. If you bid and $42 was the stated cost, he would have every right (however silly) to charge you for it. In these cases, I email them and ask if the cost is correct, often it's auto-calculated and isn't correct.

As far as the Chill Pills for $1.90, it's not always that simple for me. If I send to a U.S. address, I can put them in an envelope, get them weighed at the mail room at work, and slap on postage, all of 90 seconds of my time and it's done. Heck, the mail room will even give me the padded envelope.

If shipping overseas and it's padded envelope, the postal worker will often feel the package and if they can feel any "object" that isn't flat, it requires a customs declaration that must be filled out at the post office. That requires I go to the post office, which takes me 30 minutes to get there and stand in line, all for a few bucks and that isn't worth my time. Now maybe some post offices aren't quite this strict, but my local post office is. Anal? Yes. Is it the situation I find myself in? Also yes.

Any seller who changed condition after accepting a bid, as you mention, is totally unacceptable and you have the right to insist on the conditions that existed at the time of your bid, no matter how much the seller wants to change.

I put an object for sale at 0.99 and only got one bid from the UK. After paypal and the conversion fees, I ended a dollar and 30 minutes of my time in the hole...but that's the way it goes. I guess the point I'm making sometimes people have reasons for doing things the way they do, even if it isn't always apparent to others. I'm willing to put the extra effort for my overseas bretheren, but not everybody is.

'Guin

Thanks for that, for all my moaning about rates from the US i notice you can get a frame sent over for as little as $67.50 so it's not all bad.

Inigo Montoya":w8e5082f said:
had the kooka stem on my list too. trying to fight my greedyness lately so i didn't bid :D

I was watching it as well, No raw aluminum bikes in the quiver so i couldn't, even though i wanted to :(

Dhphat":37wnuiqb said:
Inigo Montoya":37wnuiqb said:
had the kooka stem on my list too. trying to fight my greedyness lately so i didn't bid :D

I was watching it as well, No raw aluminum bikes in the quiver so i couldn't, even though i wanted to :(

indeed not bad, deleted on my watching list due to the missing bolt....
(or is there a easy way to ride this one without the bolt ;-) )

new proshift!

about ebay madness:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230224723762

Proshift mechs - FRONT AND REAR NEW!!! For just 165 US$! :shock:
(sold after only 2 fewers!)

Missed that one!! :cry:

This buyer also got a new Cook Bros E crank set in pewter for just 75 US$...

OK, he payed top dollar for the Tioga wheel but he had some serious lucky buys (and I did not mention the new f+r paul brake set for just 90 US$...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back