Ebay Madness No. 2761

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
jimo746":2gg7wlja said:
Are you sitting comfortably? Good... then have a look at this for madness...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-Shima...008?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a71347b48

At least the postage rates are very reasonable :LOL:

Have sent the seller a question regarding the packaging... will see what his response is :LOL:

unkleGsif":2gg7wlja said:
Hi there
I am very interested in you bag, as I am an avid collector of not only clear plastic bags, but also shimano packaging. I would like to ask a question relating to the bag itself and its label.

Would you say that the writing implemented on the label is either A) over 38.5mm tall, or B) written by a left handed writer?

I am only missing a Shimano XT FH-M730 plastic bag with over 38.5mm left handed writing from a complete collection, and from research, only 3 such bags were produced during the M730 Groupo production run, as Ian McStevenson was the only left handed employee of the packaging operations in the US with writing larger than average.... and he only worked in packaging on a wednesday afternoon for just 3 weeks before his left hand was tragically injured in a packaging inscription related incident that left him permanently unable to hold a marker pen again (however all other writing implement uses were left unaffected, thankfully)

Thanks for your help
Graham

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
unkleGsif":349tj4he said:
jimo746":349tj4he said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-Shima...008?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a71347b48

Have sent the seller a question regarding the packaging... will see what his response is :LOL:

unkleGsif":349tj4he said:
Hi there
I am very interested in you bag, as I am an avid collector of not only clear plastic bags, but also shimano packaging. I would like to ask a question relating to the bag itself and its label.

Would you say that the writing implemented on the label is either A) over 38.5mm tall, or B) written by a left handed writer?

I am only missing a Shimano XT FH-M730 plastic bag with over 38.5mm left handed writing from a complete collection, and from research, only 3 such bags were produced during the M730 Groupo production run, as Ian McStevenson was the only left handed employee of the packaging operations in the US with writing larger than average.... and he only worked in packaging on a wednesday afternoon for just 3 weeks before his left hand was tragically injured in a packaging inscription related incident that left him permanently unable to hold a marker pen again (however all other writing implement uses were left unaffected, thankfully)

Thanks for your help
Graham

It's posts like this that keep me coming back to this site. :LOL:

Was going to post up a few Orange P7's that sold the other week as two went for over £400 and another for not far off. As soon as they finished ebay was flooded with similar P7's with mad bin's. The original 3 have all since been re-listed :roll: :LOL:

petitpal":1yyqjrg9 said:
unkleGsif":1yyqjrg9 said:
jimo746":1yyqjrg9 said:

unkleGsif":1yyqjrg9 said:
Hi there

Thanks for your help
Graham

It's posts like this that keep me coming back to this site. :LOL:

me too! :D :D

Boggle!

I'm no snob, but all the same, that appears on the rather insane side of ambitious.

Neil":374zbwoa said:
Boggle!

I'm no snob, but all the same, that appears on the rather insane side of ambitious.

Raleigh BSO-tivator wasn't worth £200 when new !

Oh and note the use of the word 'RARE', look in ANY cycle park and you find at least one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back