Eastern Woods Research medium, black, disc

Re: Gloss Black EWR

fortyfour":90saxvar said:
Hey Fellas-just thought before I repost my EWR up for sale again I'd inquire here and see if there was any interest in it.

Hey :)
It's good so you you joined up over here, I followed this bike when you built and posted over on the VRC. This place is quite EWR friendly, although there are only 4 on the whole forum (and one greedy guy owns three of them :LOL: ).

EWR

Hey guys-thanks for the reply. Good to be here and share in the love for vintage EWR's. EWR's from my neck of the woods in Pennsylvania (my home state, I now live in New Hampshire) were what you lusted for. If you saw one out on the trail it was like a Sasquatch spotting. No one believed you but you knew they all wanted to... Definitely had a mystique to them unlike others.

Andrewl: to answer the height question, I'm about 6'1" with a 34" inseam. So if my conversions are correct, 185.42cm / 86.36cm.

Some shots from when it was refinished (I had it for quite some time before doing the refinish-but with my luck, I had moved onto something else by the time it was done!)

3896868718_5251ab095b_o.jpg

3896863674_d001db8d92_o.jpg

would love to own a EWR, but 5+lbs for frameset only??? :shock: wow!

that wouldn't fit me would it? me being 5'8" and about 30" inseem. please say it wouldn't, cuz i don't want the temptation! :roll: ;)

fortyfour":39w01xj5 said:
...it may even fit you better than me! I'm on the end of the spectrum of the medium being 6'1".

I was thinking it may have been a little on the small side for you. Did you get my pm??

if it's a medium, i'm guessing it's too large for me! as all my bikes are small. dunno if i should be happy or sad! :( :D :LOL:

RockiMtn":1zzstf7j said:
if it's a medium, i'm guessing it's too large for me! as all my bikes are small. dunno if i should be happy or sad! :( :D :LOL:

Don't forget there is no top tube to smash your balls on :LOL:

The effective top tube on this is just over 22" and the frame is 18" c-t
If you are taller than 5' 10" it would be a touch too small. I'm 5' 10" with 32" inseam and a medium is fine (I could also easily get away with a large).

A small one of these is 16" (21.5" tt)

Medium Sizing...

Regarding size, the seat tube on this frame is 18" Center to Top. Catalog states 17.5", but this one is 18" center to top so I'm guessing that that is a change in production or an error in the original catalog (I can post a pic of the catalog page if anyone likes-or if you want a copy, can put together a pdf if anyone is interested). Actual top tube measurement is 22.5" center to center. Effective just from the center of the top of the top head tube to the top of the seat tube is 22 5/8". If you have any fit questions, let me know as I can let you know how I had the bike setup. It should fit you with some fine tuning.

Late update, but in a weird twist of fate, this frame landed with a good friend of mine from college, who now lives in Nevada. Back in the day when my white OWB was my primary bike, and he was tooling around on his Duralcan S-Works M2, I could always sense his envy... :LOL: :LOL:;)

EWR's always seem to hang around in the same circles, don't they? :LOL:

Back