East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

OOh Ed, looks nice! Get some more pics up of the details!!

Who did yu go to in the end? How much input to the geometry/detailing did you have?
Also, seems unusual to have the chain/seatstay brace when the disk mount is on the dropout? Am I missing something?!

cheers :D I went to this guy in France - 'Edelbikes': http://www.edelbikes.com/

I had a large amount of input into the design and geometry - basically I knew exactly what I wanted and he put it together accordingly, using his experience to only to change things that the laws of physics wouldn't allow :LOL:

I'd wanted a clean uncluttered look, so no chainstay bridge, no bottle mounts, internal cable routing, fillet brazed, swoopy and curvy tubing. I did ask for no brake brace but apparently he has had a couple of frames break that didn't have one so he doesn't do it now.

You don't hang about do you :shock:
That was still a bare frame at half past six last night !
Looks great built up though and you're right, the colour looks even better and stronger in the flesh.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

:LOL:

Bare frame was 2.5kg - not bad to say it's quite big (approx 23"), powdercoated and has some expanding foam in the top tube to stop the internal cable routing tubes from rattling inside :D

Weight was never a major concern though - for me I wanted durability and 'feel' foremost. The complete bike weighs around 27 lbs.

It looks lush Ed and I bet you have tried it out by now :?:

I have been busy today too :D

Attachments

• pre stickers rocky 1.JPG
    pre stickers rocky 1.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 643
Beaut :D That is really tasty.

No still haven't ridden my bike yet! However I have a passport for the morning - anybody free? Have to be back for 11.30 though.

It'll be out on Tuesday as well.

EDIT: Rob is riding in morning as well. Meet 8.30 at Ticknall village hall car park if interested in a ride :D

Back