Early Zaskar £35 in Chester

There are a number of small differences in how the frame is built. You can also tell by weight and general feel of one.

Along with the serial number which is visible on this one which is the easiest way.

There is no way that someone can tell a polished pantera and a polished Zaskar apart of the same level of polishing is done to both. At the end of the day it’s just polished alloy and the grade or whether it’s been painted prior has no bearing.
It would be difficult for a regular person to tell them apart, if you don't know the differences so some people could be easily fooled.
And I am happy to admit I don't know everything either. I am learning though. Only if you just had the frames side by side in hand could you tell the difference in weight and feel, you can't tell from a photo (from a lay person point of view).

There are a number of small differences in how the frame is built. You can also tell by weight and general feel of one.

Along with the serial number which is visible on this one which is the easiest way.

There is no way that someone can tell a polished pantera and a polished Zaskar apart of the same level of polishing is done to both. At the end of the day it’s just polished alloy and the grade or whether it’s been painted prior has no bearing.
what is the difference in grams?
And i guess it results in a difference in riding qualities. The lighter frame must be a bit more "responsive". I've got an alu Avalanche, but no Pantera or Zaskar

what is the difference in grams?
And i guess it results in a difference in riding qualities. The lighter frame must be a bit more "responsive". I've got an alu Avalanche, but no Pantera or Zaskar
Can’t remember off top of my head but there’s a small difference. You can tell by how they feel in your hand more. I reckon maybe sub 200 grams difference.

I very much anyone can tell an avalanche , from a Zaskar from a pantera to ride. We have all just bought into the marketing.

Reactions: R-V
Its subtle but the Zaskars' 6061 tubing is more silvery to the eye than 7005

Plus with the early frames, the Zaskars were welded in the US whereas the Pantera was Taiwan.

My friends Pantera was white with the blue decals and Suntour X-press

and and and, I think the gussettry is different and some of the stay bridges are different too

Back