Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Re:

thanks

the seat collar matches the 94/5 catalogue

94 - I can't see any Ritchey dropouts at all in the catalogue, but there are USE seatposts in the parts spec
95 - The Kili comp looks the closest match in colour, some of the parts specs, but I can't see what the dropouts are, & the tubing spec mentions Prestige which isn't on the Tange decal

i guess it's possible that it was bits & pieces, but hopefully not what was left on a Fri afternoon

Re:

I became a fan of Early Saracens, since I saw one on here pretty sure it was a Rufftrax in Grey which was restored using STX parts, it had yellow cables (hopefully someone will know the one)

So thanks to that Man for inspiring me

Anyway my first attempt failed, it started as a bare frame but I gave up trying to track the rest down :facepalm:

So on to attempt 2, I managed to get this one on Karma, as far as I can tell its pretty standard and that how I plan to keep her.

Re: Kili Flyer Comp 89

I guess I should add mine to the list :cool:
Having a lot of fun on this at the moment :D
DSC_3129_zps88f2a025.jpg

DSC_3135_zps6435463d.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=297348

Incidentally has anyone seen an 89 conquest? Seems to have no online presence at all and not even a photo in the 89 catalogue

Here's one of mine...

snapped it up locally off eb@y a while ago, it's waiting its turn for some attention at the moment.

1990 Saracen Trekker Comp with 7005 ally frame! Should have a full Deore XT comp groupset, so it's been swapped about a bit. Frame, forks, headset & stem are all original. The headset & stem are bonkers huge: 1-1/4" quill stem anybody?

2013-09-15+11.54.28.jpg

2013-09-15+11.55.04.jpg

2013-09-15+11.55.10.jpg

It's on Page 6 of the 1990 Saracen catalogue in the archives

Steve

Re:

Jaypee and Tony, they are a couple of belters you've got there :cool:

Back