Early Norcos?

yeti_bomb

Senior Retro Guru
I'm surprised at the lack of early Norco frames on the this forum. Would love to see more of them, anything from the 90s? Hope to see some stuff here. In general I do not see a lot on the internet for 90s Norcos.

Norcos are kinda like Muddy Foxes here. Other than the Team, not much love goes their way.

Re:

There's a Team on eBay just now

Re: Early Norcos

Pic of my wife's bike attached. Believe it is a 1995 Norco Nitro. Pretty killer bike. Love the ride characteristics of the old steel hardtails. Geometry and durability of this one seem top-notch. (And yes, at the risk of being flogged on a retro forum, I think it handles beautifully with the deadly short stem/riser bar combo ;) ).

Unfortunately she had a crash recently that snapped the old fork (and her collar bone). I threw on a cheap replacement fork so she could keep riding. Wish I had more time to work on this bike, but I have too many projects on the go!

yeti_bomb":1kvx9b8d said:
I'm surprised at the lack of early Norco frames on the this forum. Would love to see more of them, anything from the 90s? Hope to see some stuff here. In general I do not see a lot on the internet for 90s Norcos.

They're pretty rare in my experience. I worked at a shop that sold them right around 2000 - the owner had a green Team Issue that was full XTR, and a kid that worked there had a Ti on a shop deal. They were very nice, but I don't think I've seen one since I stopped working there.

The problem I think is that if you see a Norco advertised for $200 or whatever, 95 times out of 100, it's a Bigfoot or a Pinnacle, or something else that's just too low end to bother with. So maybe they're out there, but they're buried under piles of junk.

What I bet you'd like, is the '02 Torrent. It was a poor man's Reaper;

http://bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpec ... el=Torrent

But we probably shouldn't be discussing something so new over here...

Latest posts

Back