Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Re:

me too - I've only just spotted it, saw the first page, contributed, and then spotted there were 27 more pages! - scrolling through briefly and its epic.

What a great response, and I'm glad I'm not alone in appreciating the early brand!

Re:

Pics of my 19" explorer before/after renovation a couple of years ago - seat pin had seized in frame so - heat gun got it out (hence the fire damage int he first picture). Turned out okay though - blast from the past with a range of correct period Dia Comp and Suntour parts. and genuine period Muddy Fox rim & hub set.

If some nasty person at work hadn't stolen my period tyres off it - I'd have the original Panaracer amber wall tyres on it today still - grr.

Attachments

• muddyfox1988_1280resto.jpg
    muddyfox1988_1280resto.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 527
I keep seeing early white couriers about the town,. Two so far, though as nice as they are ( I had a pathfinder for donkeys) your Explorer there is the the Only Muddy fox for me.I even painted mine yellow in support and covered it with lots of the little paw print decals.yes,it looked shit
I know someone with the disc for the rear but he's not ever going to give/sell/trade it to me. :LOL: :(

Thanks Dyna-ti yes, the 88 Explorer is my fav. too. I had a big 21" 87 courier and 87 explorer before which actually rode nicely considering the size (head angles and fork rake were totally different to what we ride today - and actually worked as larger frames). I had to do a 19" 88 explorer though as it was my favourite era and the one I lusted after and couldn't afford £399 it was back in the day new ! I'll post some pics of the 87 bikes I had until a couple of years ago and the pink Alu Pro which was a great bike given its age, and I wish I'd finished it as a quality retro build, restoration - I can understand why people like these - its quite special and cost a fortune in 1990 new (about £700 as I remember which was a lot then!)

On its way to LGF towers - nothing stuck thanks to the previous owner/ rescuer but a lot of work coming up.

file.php

Riding an Alu pro myself, though not retro built as I've had it since new and its a bit battered been painted and I think that all thats original now is seat post, frame and forks. But spotted one on ebay last night 18.5" frame only £165 but you get dibs on rest if you buy it. I'm tempted my original and one to rebuild as original........Hmmmmm

Re:

I spotted this 1990 catalogue on ebay for £6 too - its a bit after my era '87-89' - but I'm sure some of you above with bikes form 1990 will love it

1990 Muddy Fox catalogue

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back