early Manitou stuck to a cheap Saracen

Re: Re:

jimo746":1byb7f1v said:
What's the difference between these forks and your standard Manitou 1 then??

Bidding is going up, up, up! :shock:

Dunno, was hoping some Mani guru would chime in. Anyway they are 1 1/8th steerer so im out :facepalm:

Other than these being made in limited numbers by Bradbury there is very little difference technically to Mani 1s. They just bought the rights and made them the same. The stantions in bradburys are slightly shorter IIRC and yes they may be fooked. I had to replace mine, albeit I found some original spares in the US. Manitou 1 elastomers , eg from sus fork parts do fit so these are a viable project. I wouldn't be surprised if these go well over £200 . Oh...and gil_m has the decals on file if wanted to replace them :D

M-Power":uzuojvvc said:
jimo746":uzuojvvc said:

Dunno, was hoping some Mani guru would chime in. Anyway they are 1 1/8th steerer so im out :facepalm:

Antstark":32c6jzee said:
Other than these being made in limited numbers by Bradbury there is very little difference technically to Mani 1s. They just bought the rights and made them the same. The stantions in bradburys are slightly shorter IIRC and yes they may be fooked. I had to replace mine, albeit I found some original spares in the US. Manitou 1 elastomers , eg from sus fork parts do fit so these are a viable project. I wouldn't be surprised if these go well over £200 . Oh...and gil_m has the decals on file if wanted to replace them :D

M-Power":32c6jzee said:
jimo746":32c6jzee said:

Cheers for clearing up that mystery Ant. Just wish they were like these ones with the dropouts and 1in steerer. Not fun watching RB members presumably slugging it out in a bidding war though :facepalm:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 392

Antstark":10y3i5f3 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if these go well over £200 .

Give that man a prize! went for £215 in the end :shock:

went way above my bid early on, I guess someone must have a suitable bike to put these on eh?

:D :D Still not a bad price IMO if you think he only made about 1200 pairs in total in his garage ...not the rarest version but I've seen these go higher before.

btw.....he's got a nice iron horse for sale too :D

jimo746":16pn67eb said:
Antstark":16pn67eb said:
I wouldn't be surprised if these go well over £200 .

Give that man a prize! went for £215 in the end :shock:

went way above my bid early on, I guess someone must have a suitable bike to put these on eh?

Re:

Hi,

The forks went to a buyer in germany. I am very pleased with what they made.

The iron horse also came from the same shed what these forks did nice and original and matching parts.

I also have a Saracen hydro tech competition for sale on my other account if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Back