Early 90's Raleigh USA Bikes

Coleman

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi,

Can aynone point me in the direction of any info on the early 90's aluminium/steel bonded raleigh USA bikes (the US equivalent of Dyna Techs I guess?).

Threads/articles/adverts would all be good.

Cheers

Adrian

Techniums, but very rare these days. A mate had a Technium chill with DX BITD and it was a lovely looking thing.

Carl.

my mate gogs had a technium chill bitd

it dis-assembled its self about 3 miles from the car on a ride
do you know how hard a bike in 2 bits plus 2 tubes is to carry out of a forest?

was a nice bike tho

Thanks for the replies - I found the dyna tech thread late last night - good thread.

I just picked up a Raleigh PEAK Easton E9 bonded frame so I was wondering what sort of spec it should be (from reading the thread I thinks it's near the bottom of the range).

I look forward to carrying it back from its first ride( :!: ), I had to do that with a Townsend once, they really aren't easy to carry in two bits are they?, and hopefully joining in the dynatech thread.

Cheers

Adrian

get some pics up m8

the chill was a real nice looking bike black with graphics in an early easton style font bit like the on manitou forks
Raleigh uk also made a peak with the figure 8 Reynolds tube k2 i think it was called ,I've got a summit frame in the shed one up or down from the peak
weighs a ton and the 501 tubes bikes ride better imho

a chill or so is on my to get list

mikee":20nx9veb said:
get some pics up m8

the chill was a real nice looking bike black with graphics in an early easton style font bit like the on manitou forks
Raleigh uk also made a peak with the figure 8 Reynolds tube k8 i think it was called ,I've got a summit frame in the shed one up or down from the peak
weighs a ton and the 501 tubes bikes ride better imho

a chill or so is on my to get list

Will do - as soon as it arrives :D

They are listed in this german Raleigh brochure, the Peak is actualy at the top of the range - XT equiped and just above the Chill with DX;

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=15709

Mikee - check your PM - I have sent you a link to where you will find a '91 Peak Frame for sale.

Latest posts

Back