Early 80's Ross

unclechet

Dirt Disciple
I bought this off of Ebay last week after getting an urge for a Bull Horn equipped early mountain bike. My first mountain bike was an 87 Klein Pinnacle and my knowledge of mountain bikes prior to that was/is limited. Well I got the bike, put it together, got it adjusted and took it out on a spin. I love it! It still needs some tweaking but I'm really amazed at how nice it feels. And the Shimano components are not only beautiful but they work dang good also. I'm really looking forward to getting this bike tuned in and then take it out on some trails. Who knew that "they" knew what they were doing in 83!

Attachments

• Ross.jpg
    Ross.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 233
Beautiful bike! I see it has cantis front and back, nice touch.

Do you have more pictures?

Hello Mr. Toad, I don't have any other good pix of the Ross yet. I did lube up the der cables today and took it out for another 20 miler. Better today than yesterday. The "uniglide" shifters are a friction shifter with a ratchet built in. Once I oiled the cables they really started working nice. I'm really impressed with the quality of this frame and components. I'm going to go race a CX race tomorrow (on my vintage Waterford X-22) but I'll continue to clean and tune this bike next week and post up some more pix.

Back